Patience

Choose a course and stay with it.
Understand myself, how I think and feel, and adjust accordingly so as not to give myself so much pain, when I know how the story's gonna end if I keep on loading the gun and aiming at my foot, sooner or later, I'm gonna get tired of shooting myself in the foot. I am simply going to get tired of it.
Now is that time for the binge-ing on self-deprecation to end, to say bu-bye to those influences in my life that harm me. I need to be conscious and focused right now. I need those in my life who care for me as I am not how they want me to be, as in, don't send velcro shopping bags or take 24 hours to come to my aid--value me, I am looking for compassion, at the moment. The world is a scary place, let's find some comfort where we can, when we can, if only for a moment.

Comments