Please explain why...

There are so many laws now that you may not even know if you're breaking one.

The other day I found out that there is something like a $ 2000 fine for flicking your 'ash' out the window. That's like sending people to jail (which costs me money) for their thousands of unpaid parking tickets (which costs the city money). I mean, come on. My taxes evaporate faster than my unemployment check. I am tired of this path, please give me a new one.

Oh, and lady behind me in the International Languages stacks, why are you talking on your phone in a library?

Comments

  1. I think the major hiccup here is when municipalities start to rely on fines and penalties as an arm of budget. As for talking in the library that is the death of etiquette which is a whole nother topic altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true...what is the answer? Don't drive?!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment