Charles Baudelaire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charles Baudelaire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




"You know that I have always considered that literature and the arts pursue an aim independent of morality. Beauty of conception and style is enough for me. But this book, whose title (Fleurs du mal) says everything, is clad, as you will see, in a cold and sinister beauty. It was created with rage and patience. Besides, the proof of its positive worth is in all the ill that they speak of it. The book enrages people. Moreover, since I was terrified myself of the horror that I should inspire, I cut out a third from the proofs. They deny me everything, the spirit of invention and even the knowledge of the French language. I don't care a rap about all these imbeciles, and I know that this book, with its virtues and its faults, will make its way in the memory of the lettered public, beside the best poems of V. Hugo, Th. Gautier and even Byron."[15]




FROM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Baudelaire


I was thinking about Baudelaire today because for some reason the old theory popped into my head today that the spleen was somehow the exact location of the human soul. IF it is now, indeed, a virtually, for all intents and purposes, obsolete body part, a dormant replica of the ghosts of humanoids past (did Neanderthal's need a speel because they couldn't figure out to throw a spear at a wooly mammoth. They hunted by entrapment and thrusting their weapons at close range. I'll bet they needed their spleans back then.


http://www.abroadintheyard.com/ways-dna-test-can-change-your-world-view-human-origins/

Comments